Friday, September 26, 2008

LIFE!!!!

1. It is simply unfair that this phase of life is transitional. I haven't been this happy or life-satisfied for AGES and it's painful to think of leaving where I am right now!
2. SHOWS:
I'm still in Annie Get Your Gun right now as Winnie Tate at Theatre Arlington. We have 3 more weekends (woohoo!) It's fun and it's pretty odd to have a steady weekend performance job. The movement/lyrics/music is totally ingrained in all of us now and it's just what we do. I don't know how to explain it, but it's a wonderful feeling. I like to pretend like it's way more important than it is (aka pretending like I'm on tour) but it works for now. We run Thurs-Sun until Oct. 12.

I'm assistant directing The Taming of the Shrew with Emily Gray at Richland. I just had the chance to fully run rehearsals for the week while Emily was in Alaska and I had a BALL. It'd been a year since I'd directed anything, and even though it took a bit to get back in gear, I really enjoyed it and missed it. Shrew opens three days after AGYG close--Oct 15-22.

I just got cast in Footloose at Garland Civic Theatre. I'm thrilled they cast me, despite the fact that I'm missing 3 out of 6 weeks of rehearsal!! We run November 14-December 6. I'm playing Wendy Jo and understudying Ariel.

3. It's my sister's birthday--Happy Birthday Abby!

4. I love being in Dallas, being with family, and doing shows. Ahhh life is happiness.

5. College is still the plan despite this break of sorts, and I am excited about doing musical theatre in college. I'm pretty much down to OCU, UArts, Michigan, Elon, Sam Houston, Penn State, BoCo, and Carnegie.

I'll keep you updated!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

We loved AGYG. You were great! One of my very best friends in th world went to Elon - small world.

Liz said...

personally, i would go with UArts, but that's just me

Anonymous said...

omg omg go to Penn State you would be kind of close to me!!!!! hehehe. i didn't even know that was an option?!?! yay. whatever happens happens though and i'm sure it'll be the right decision for you. i'm glad i rediscovered your thing. it's great!