Thursday, September 30, 2010

Some Perspective

I graduate May 14, 2010.
Fall break is in 2 weeks.
Thanksgiving Break is in 1.5 months. Then, I basically have 1 week of school until winter break. for 1.5 months.
When I come back, I essentially have 3.5 months until I'm done.

And then I'm done.  I'm not planning for the next semester.  I'm not buying five-star notebooks.  I'm not planning what tedious classes that have no relevance to my career/life but are necessary to graduate from university I need to take.  I can do musical theater freely.  I can travel.  I can keep the thousand odd-jobs I have now but make them my life--expand on them and add on more.

I am terrified of being financially independent.  I'm terrified of beginning a career.  But, I'm also ecstatic to be free to try the things I've been wanting to do for about 6 years now.  (My high school advisor/second mother Beth Wortley joked that I was ready to graduate from college when I was a junior in high school.)

I can't wait.

1 comment:

Terra said...

Listen to that Beth person. She knows a thing or two! ;)