Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Life Resoluton: More Projects

I have a stupidly busy, hyperactive mind. Most of the time, I'm planning or dreaming or creating. The sad reality is that only a TINY percentage of this in-the-brain creaction actually manifests itself into a physical result or product. I'm wary of New Year's Resolutions singularly because I have never kept them, but I do generally abide by new goals personally. Thus, my new life resolution is to stop fearing imperfection, allow mylf to fail and fail again, and create. Despite the fact that I have never considered myself a dancer (my best friend in high school was a LEGIT stunning modern dancer and I therefore felt like a silly hobbyist) but I have always loved choreographing. I choreograph constantly in my head. I also love films...and though I've never attempted a film project, I also plan thos in my head constantly. Therefore, I'm going to make a dance video. It probably won't be good. In any regard. But I'm going to try not to care--chalk it up to a learning experience and progress from there. Here's a tiny, messy clip from my first day of brainstorming (for the female track) of a dance film I've decided to create.

Behold my delicious failure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it9rKA_jiLc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

To be continued..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About twenty years ago you were kicking out your legs in the den to CDs of Enya, Paul Simon/Ladysmith, Parkening, and even Handel. By age four you were already in regular and full free-form expression. At one gathering about that period during a conversational lull Grandmother said out of the blue, "Well, I guess it's time for Katie Beth to do her free-form dance performance." Much later I asked your mom, "Does she really need two dance studios?" Mom: "OK, remember we sent her to LSOD at three for motor coordination. I never thought it would turn into a teenage passion. She could be doing drugs." ...You've been creating all your life. Thomas Edison: Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. ...Don't under-estimate yourself. Best