Saturday, July 9, 2011

My last month and how I'm about to be old

Hi friends. I apologize for neglecting the blog. Here is a very brief update on the crazy that has occurred over the past month.

1. The Wiz opens this coming Friday. It has been a challenging but hugely informative learning experience and it has only further secure my love for doing theatre "on the other side of the table."
2. Through happenstance/magic, I booked a show that will perform in Lancaster, PA September-November, (come home for the holidays), Ft Myers, Florida January-February, and Mesa, Arizona March-April. I am excited beyond belief. It combines my two greatest passions: theater and travel!!
3. Before that show happens, I will be performing in/dance captaining Gypsy at Lyric Stage.
4. Between June 6 and this coming Friday, I will have worked 40 days straight (minus the 4th of July) with 10+ hours of work every day. In that span of time I will have also opened 3 shows. Wonderfully, I love my job(s) so I happily accept exhaustion to pursue my passions!
5. I choreographed my first full musical this last month. I choreographed Oliver for Lyric Stage Performing School Of the Arts. I adore choreographing and teaching stupid amounts, and hope to pursue both of these jobs forever.
6. In the midst of opening the Wiz, I am choreographing Guys and Dolls for Genesis Theater. It has been another wonderful choreographing/teaching experience.
7. I teach a musical theatre class over the next two weeks at the dance studio I attended/did tap company in in high school. Full circle. These things I love.

...I think that is mostly everything. Needless to say, it has been a whirlwind month but wonderful one in which I have learned copious amounts. Life is good, y'all.

PS I turn 22 on Tuesday. How did THAT happen?!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. All best always.