Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Birmingham the Beautiful

Hello from the 'ham. (Yes, my roommate actually used that abbreviation.) I now realize why I have absolutely no Southern pride; Dallas is not the South. In fact, Dallas isn't even Texan. Dallas is it's own little bubble of insane commercial flatland. Birmingham, dear friends, is the South. Tomrorow my camera and I are having a field day and I promise to post photos. Birmingham makes me feel like Dallas is very factory-esque. People live in Birmingham. People work/workout/eat/sleep in Dallas. You know? Maybe you don't (I doubt I'm making too much sense after two weeks of exams and a ridiculous whirlwind of recent activity) but Birmingham definitely has more character. I don't anticipate ever living here, but it's a lovely place to visit. Now, since I do not have silly exams, I am going to make myself comfortable in the guest house, turn on some Dario Marianelli, and read Atonement. I love the holidays!

Farewell, friends.

No comments: