Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Lovely Weekend

Hello friends. This weekend has been rather fun. Friday was pretty relaxing. Saturday morning John Weeden and I worked on another "Weeden Arts Radio" (we really need to change the title...ideas, anyone?) this morning. It was entertaining even though I was a huge slacker and came mostly unprepared/uninspired. Listen to the sadness here (wow, that's not very enticing...)
- Weeden Arts Radio
It's pretty fuzzy, but if you need some entertainment in your life, you can hear John yodel about 10 minutes in. He's trying to be a disney princess.
Basically,

+

=


(By the way, he says "fie" a lot--incorrectly. I looked it up.)

I went to the symphony tonight to see Bruckner Symphony 7 and a Mozart Concerto. The Mozart Concerto was played by an adorable old Irish man. I actually wasn't totally impressed by the piece or the performance, but it was pleasant enough. I sort of felt similarly about the Bruckner piece. Certain bits were really lovely, but I don't know how well I agreed with the conductor's movement or interpretation of the piece. Also, there were many pieces that were too-recognizable/forgettable in the symphony. Not my favorite, but enjoyable enough.

All the music kids then strolled over to Cheesecake Corner to indulge in way too many sugary delectable things. For some reason, Cheesecake caused me to desire swing dancing. I can't really explain it. Anyway, apparently there's a pretty huge swing scene in Memphis. Sadly, all the dance parties usually happen on Friday early. The only one we found open late was 21 and over--lame! Make swing dancing accessible, guys! Anyway, I think I'm going to try to take a lesson sometime this week and then definitely go to the dance party Friday. I'll let you all know how it goes. (I'm also going to try a number of places out...)

That's pretty much the update for now.

(Oh, and one last thing, I have an unhealthy obsession with Ratatouille. It's the magic combination of flawless animation, brilliant plot, incredible editing, pure genius, endless creativity, an incredible score, food, and France...I think...)

1 comment:

John Weeden said...

hilarious. very much looking forward to your grammar lesson on the proper use of the term 'fie,' and tossing around title ideas for radio fuzziness.