Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hooray for Comments!

I'm loving that I'm finally getting a couple comments on some of these posts...

Here's the update.

1) I went to Dallas this weekend. It was de-lovely. I saw Oklahoma, undoubtedly one of the best high school musical productions I've ever seen, and returned. I only decided to leave on Friday, but I'm so glad I did. Not only did I have a truly incredible time, but the show was absolutely phenomenal. I saw a video of one of my friend's high school musicals (at another ISAS school)--and it made me realize just how incredible the Hockaday/St. Mark's muscial theatre productions are. The choreography is always outstanding, and more than anything, they're always very tight/crisp and well put together. So, kudos to Beth Wortley, Rod Blaydes, BonnieJean Coleman, and Susan Hubbard for putting those together so beautifully.

2) I'm hopefully directing a show this spring. Goodness knows I don't actually have time for it, but it's going to make me extremely happy. I need musical theatre, folks. I just taught a new song to three girls and they got SO excited about the music--that is what I love about musical theatre. All four of us got the chills...It was pretty magical. When I was practicing with Leigh after Singers, Dr. Sharp came over and asked us what we were singing/playing. He was totally unfamiliar with Jason Robert Brown--I was shocked! He's looking it up now..which makes me rather happy. Hopefully he'll come to the show! Anyway, I'm planning on doing "An Evening of Jason Robert Brown." Ideally, the first act would be numbers from "Songs for a New World" and the second act would be most of "The Last Five Years." I think this makes for a PERFECT evening. If I could do anything, I'd make it a dinner theatre thing, but I really have no means of making/buying dinner for a full audience of people, so unless I do some type of fundraiser or something, then we're stuck with regular, beautiful theatre.

These are pretty much the big things going on for now. Thanks for reading--comment away!

3 comments:

John Weeden said...

je pense que vous etes tres bizarre. vraiment. sans doubt.

MBGentsch said...

Saw "Michael Clayton" movie. Great pacing. Scored by James Newton Howard. Would be interested in your thoughts regarding his work.
Regards

John Weeden said...

Post the angsty blog entry! It doesn't count unless its 'live'!