Thursday, January 17, 2008

Schadenfreude


Schadenfreude has been running through my head all day. Does this make me a bad person?

Quick update:
1. Video stuff becoming more and more fun. Still really simple stuff that doesn't really mean anything, but I love it.
2. I have a monstrous desire to get out of Memphis for the weekend. If I had a car I'd either go to Indiana to visit my great aunt/uncle in their Walden-esque house in Fort Wayne or I'd trek back to Dallas. Too bad I need transportation for both of these things...
3. Tangent off of the previous comment: I realized that I have to travel. Whatever my job is in the future, I need to either make enough money and have enough vacations that I can travel on breaks or whoever I'm working for needs to send me places. It's essential to my being.
4. I want to make t-shirts. Not only do I want to make t-shirts, but I want to design clothes. I have no idea what makes me think I would be any good at this, but I would love an art-based fashion company. I'm dead serious. I want a halter top, 1940s cut a-line sun dress with layers of semi-sheer off white material with Monet or something splashed around on the skirt. I also want jeans with back and front pockets (and seams!) with contemporary art on them. How freaking cool would that be?
5. Need to direct The Last Five Years/Songs for a New World pronto. Let's hope this can happen...
6. Toying with the idea of opening up a domain website and putting up any artsy videos I make up there...I'd also love to eventually create an arts-community forum for anyone to partake in...If it got big enough it could even have events in different cities...I don't know.

Anywho, that's the briefing for the evening. Talk to you cats later.

No comments: