Thursday, April 3, 2008

Still angsty, but still truckin'

Forecast for tonight in Memphis:
My mother always said "Happiness is a choice." While I don't know that I will ever agree with her that is undeniably a choice at all times, I certainly agree in some instances. Like now. I'm at a beautiful school. I am suffering from a mild cold, not a terminal illness. If my greatest woes are academic stress, nerves before an audition, frustration with weather, and general concerns about summer and next year school-wise/work-wise, I think I've got it pretty good.

More things that are making me happy:
1. I really do love rain.
2. I'm going to Dallas tomorrow. This means Kim Starfield, Beth Wortley, Bonnie Jean Coleman, and my family. I'm pretty freaking excited.
3. Even though Juxtap'arty won't be quite as I envisioned or what I wanted it to be, there will be the following things
-Woolsocks performance
-performance by Leigh Devries and Sarah Dockery
-Chinese lanterns
-free food
-my favorite friends coming to support me/CODA
all of these things make me happy.
4. Legal Grounds is in Dallas and I am craving oatmeal pancakes.
5. I'm done with my freshman year in four weeks. Hallelujah.

See? It's really not so bad. I'm just a worry wart throwing myself a pity party. Alas, all will be well.

I anticipated further explaining my NYC adventures (including the wonders of what SAA could be!) but I'm not sure I'll have the time to adequately channel that blissful euphoric feeling I had this past weekend. Maybe when I'm in Dallas, I will.

Until then, I hope you all have a pleasant night and weekend. And fam, if you read this, I am so, so excited to see you. :)

No comments: