Sunday, June 15, 2008

Notes from the Tony Awards

1. I was 99% right about predictions:)
2. I want nothing more than to go to NYC and see South Pacific. Now. I am flat broke and I will spend any penny possible to see this show. You have no idea how strong this desire is.
3. I am in love with Paulo Szot and desire to have him sing me lullabies to sleep every night.
4. I have no doubt that Patti LuPone is one of the most talented performers of all time.
5. Whoopi is a really bizarre choice for emcee.
6. Sunday in the Park with George looks gorgeous and I have every desire to see it.
7. If I go to NYC, I will see:
- South Pacific
- Sunday in the Park with George
- In the Heights
- August: Osage County
- (gladly, if given the opportunity, Gypsy again.)

More later. Right now I'm just basking in the happiness of two beautifully done, classical musicals. Well done. I'm glad people can still enjoy timeless theatre.

I love showbiz. To quote Gene Kelley in Summer Stock, "there's nothing else in the world." That's all, folks.

No comments: