Thursday, March 11, 2010

200th Post

I am so enamored of this city.

Betcha didn't know that, did you?

Seriously, though. Project rejuvenation and catharsis has been a wild success thus far. I cannot wait to live here. The city doesn't scare me anymore--getting work does, though.

So far I've seen Fela--amazing costumes and choreography, but it's a hot mess of a narrative/functional show and it is terribly structured. I will be an angry, angry faux New Yorker/theatregoer if it wins Best Musical
Valerie Harper in Looped--i love me some Tallulah Bankhead, and I LOVE me some Valerie Harper. Some of you know this, but I have a huge thing for old school sitcoms--the first one I became addicted to was the Mary Tyler Moore show. And I LOVE Rhoda (the character, not her sitcom.) Anyway, Valerie was gorgeous and fabulous and every bit worthy of a Tony nom.
Addams Family Musical--Nathan Lane, Bebe Neuwirth, Carolee Carmello, Terrence Mann, Krysta Rodriguez, Jackie Hoffman... (How may Broadway stars can YOU cram into a musical?) At any rate, the show's definitely flawed..a couple numbers don't really work and I really disliked Bebe Neuwirth's performance (surprisingly) but (even more surprisngly) I LOVED the show. I found it entertaining and I loved the sets/score. Plus, the cast was unreal. Second time to see Nathan Lane...saw him in November (ewww) two years ago. He was brilliant as Gomez.

Tonight, I'm seeing Christopher Walken, Sam Rockwell, and Zoe Kazan (all whom I love) in A Behanding in Spokane. Tomorrow I'm seeing Laura Linney, Eric Bogosian, Brian D'Arcy James, and Alicia Silverstone in Time Stands Still. Very excited about that one. Not sure about Saturday's show--gotta see what matinees are happening.

Anyway, it's been quite the triumphant excursion. I am, however, exhausted. Definitely a trip. Definitely not a vacation!

No comments: