Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Dreams are Bigger Than I Am

Sometimes, I get so overwhelmed by my ambition that I can't breathe.  It all seems so incredibly out of reach and unrealistic.  I feel like a talent fraud, you know?  I have this paralyzing fear that people will get to know me and then realize that I secretly am worthless and have nothing to offer.  But then I have these baby assurances, and amazing friends who tell me otherwise and--for a moment--I believe them and think it will all be okay.  This morning, I'm overwhelmed by my dreams but not afraid of them.  This morning I'm delusional enough to think they'll come true.

2 comments:

Abby said...

You are not being delusional! You are being real. Because they will come true. You are an incredible person. You are terribly bright, eloquent, and beautiful. Even among all of your fantastic traits, the best part of you is your ability to chase your ambitions. Go for it! I know you can do it.

Sarah Endres said...

Katharine! I just decided to catch up on your blog and it has been so wonderful getting to know the current you! This post in particular is pretty incredible, because I just recently discovered an article written about "the imposter syndrome" and as I was reading it I was like OH MY GOODDDD THEY'RE WRITING ABOUT ME! The point is, I feel the exact same way far too often for my own good. Anyway, here's the article: http://blog.sojo.net/2010/02/24/professional-women-and-impostor-syndrome/ I miss you and I hope you're doing ok!!