Monday, July 21, 2008

Legally Blonde: The Search for the New Elle Woods

I knew it would happen, but I'm seriously hating on Bailey right now.

Autumn Hulburt got robbed. She better freaking get a leading role on broadway right now. Hopefully in a show better than Legally Blonde. I'm not seeing it as long as Bailey's the lead. Sure, she's a southern blonde sorority girl, but she's no leading lady.

This show couldn't help but make me totally invested and obsessed. I hate audition processes period, but this was miserably drawn out. They eliminated my favorites early on (except Autumn) and kept Bailey (who is simply not as strong as about half the other contenders.) Anyway, it's Broadway. I don't care if she "doesn't have to act like Elle Woods. Saying 'omigod you guys' and things like that come naturally," it's acting. Especially in tonights audition, even though the show clearly spun it in Bailey's favor, it was so obvious that Autumn was so much better (punny, I know.)

Still life stressed (of course) so any advice is welcome as always;)

1 comment:

R-Dubz said...

Although I agree with you that Autumn is definitely more talented than Bailey... she is certainly no Elle Woods. She didn't have the bubbly tenacity of a sorority girl the way Bailey did. Autumn is definitely more of a leading lady mold, but she still is no Elle Woods. I definitely feel like a more dramatic role is in the cards for her.