Friday, July 18, 2008

Mamma Mia

Sunny, happy and bubbly escapist film.

Streep was disappointing. There, I said it. Everyone's still saying she's incredible in this. Guys, I love her so much but she just wasn't all that fabulous. She's miserable at musical theatre. Before you yell at me, she has a nice voice and of course has unparalleled acting capabilities. But she can't dance (though the choreography was AWFUL) and it doesn't come naturally at all. For once, you can tell.

Julie Walters, on the other hand, was awesome.

Dominic Cooper pulled it off.

Amanda Seyfried is amazing. Camera loves her, and so did the audience.

Pierce Brosnan made me giggle for all the wrong reasons. He is a terrible, terrible singer.

Colin Firth made me giggle as well, but he knew how goofy he was being and embraced it. Pierce was trying to be all serious and Bond about it. Silly boy.

Overall fun family summertime fun. No Hairspray, though. Quality of talent/direction simply not as high.

No comments: