Wednesday, December 23, 2009

So For Some Reason I Think I Can Make a Movie...

I want this project to be feasible. I want to do something I know I can do. (How on earth am I going to know what that is if I haven’t ever made a movie before? I’m so silly trying to do this.)

Won’t it be nice when the movie is made and this will all be a memory and I’ll think back on the time when I was lost and clueless and confused?

Here’s the problem. I want something musically driven. I want to write what I know. I want to be able to use my ‘voice’—the literal one, not the aural one. I’m drawn to creepy fantastic whimsy, but that is all far too expensive. I want to do my project involving a character with synesthesia (or do a whole film through a synesthetic lens) but goodness knows that would be more expensive than I could afford right now. Or ever.

I could just start working on my documentary. That is something I know I could do. Maybe I should just stick with that.

Or I could work on the documentary while simultaneously fixing up the screenplay. I don’t want clichĂ©. I don’t want silly angsty entitled 20somethings. Am I too ambitious?

No comments: