Saturday, December 26, 2009

Third Grade Worksheet: Oct. 7, 1999

So apparently I did afterall entertain the idea of being an actress earlier. (This must have been a fleeting thing, because for the longest time I wanted to be a book editor/publisher...then a composer...then an orchestral conductor...then a supervisor..then arts admin...yada yada.)

I AM (fill in the blank)


I am enthusiastic about many things
I wonder if I will be an actress
I hear the rustling leaves in autumn
I see visions of the future [who did I think I was? Robert Frost?]
I want to be an actress
I am sure about myself.

I pretend to be an actress.
I feel a breeze. [And where might that be coming from, little Katie Beth?]
I touch the autumn leaves. [Again, with the leaves.
I worry about my friends when their feelings are hurt.
I cry when I look at onions. [Smartass.]
I am happy about my life. [Third grade was a good year.]

I understand my friends' feelings.
I say thoughtful things.
I dream about my future. [Some things never change.]
I try to be nice to others.
I hope that I am nice. [This is apparently a concern.]
I am peaceful.

Clearly, I was a punk.

No comments: