Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dear 2010

Dear 2010,

Why do you loathe me?  I came to you with an open attitude and a really fantastic 2009.  2010 was supposed to be a magical year--it contains the second run of Sanders Family Christmas, great job offers, and my 21st birthday.  Why do you insist on hatin' on me and bringing me down?  You took away my favorite person who made everything better.  You dumped a colossal pile of grief on me and expected me to know how to deal with it.  I do not.  I cry at unexpected times, I don't know who to talk to, and I constantly feel physically exhuasted.  My best friends do not live in Dallas.  I'm spending large quantities of time on projects that are not helping me grow but I still have minimal faith in my talents.  I need things to change.  I have been patient and allowed you two months of absolute crap. That is one sixth of the time I have with you.  Man up, yo.  Improve.  Seriously, my sanity needs it.

Most sincerely,
Katharine

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

You have 10 more months that I think will be filled with wonderful things. I was so sorry to hear about your Grandmother, she was such a wonderful person. (at least from the few times I met her!)
I can only imagine how you feel right now, but I'm sure 2010 has some good things in store for you in the future.

And if you ever need a laugh... just think about all the ridiculous things we used to do when we were only an alley away from each other! Ah, the good old days.