Friday, February 26, 2010

Hodge Podge

I fell asleep watching this last night: http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=lennon_hd
It's been snowing the past day, and I find it incredibly beautiful and comforting!  I cannot wait to be there again (so soon!!)

Birdie has been a trying experience in a myriad of ways.  Though I love performing, tomorrow will bring much relief.

I'm still not feeling at all like myself.  It's tricky, too, because I'll have full days where I feel fine and glorious and other days when getting out of bed is analogous to climbing Everest.  I am determined to beat the funk and keep plowing forward with life simultaneously.  THIS is the challenge.  My patience for people is thin--and when you're in a community heavily based in false/political friendships, this is an issue.  I think Spring Break will be really good for me.  I still really want to surprise Laura and go to Memphis, then come home, then do NYC.  Traveling gluttony?

So we've established I'm a private individual.  (I mean, I have a blog, but I don't discuss intensely private matters--aside from the Grandmama thing--on here.)  I'm a best friend person.  I need my best friends.  Well, Bayla's in Arizona, Laura and Andrew are in Memphis, Lindsey and Steve are in NYC, and Kim and Kevin are in Philly.  I need some Dallas peeps.

In Dallas, it is the land of the mamas.  I have a plethora of theatre/arts mamas that save my sanity as well as a theatre sister--to whom I owe any semblance of happiness this week.  Anyway, I freaking love my friends.  They are all geniuses (no, really. it's ridiculous) and such lovely souls.  In times like this, you really learn who your support system is and just how lucky you are to have them.

No comments: