Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ready for the spring

Today was the best I've felt in maybe two months. I'm not fully 'back' (I'm smart enough to know that this is going to be a process and one good day doesn't signify normalcy. At any rate, I'm grateful for the good day.

My theatre history professor is magical. I'm seriously enjoying that class. Acting has become progressively less daunting, and I get to write a paper on "The Philadelphia Story" in Text Analysis. Life is good.

I told a classmate today that Grandmama's funeral was yesterday and she was appalled I was in class. Although I will still be grieving for quite some time, I don't need to miss class to do it. Missing class to spend time with Grandmama? Legitimate. Missing class to cry and wallow? Not legitimate.

That said, I did just randomly (and discreetly) start crying in acting class. But it passed and I went on. Maybe I'm an unusual griever. Hm.

Anyway, that's my day. In the meantime, I'm looking for a violin. I'm serious about learning to fiddle for next years Sanders Family Christmas. Anyone got any leads?

5 comments:

John said...

I think I might have one.

Erin said...

No violins here, but what's your take on theatre happenings on/around Feb. 27?

Katharine Gentsch said...

John, this is exciting! We'll have to chat about details. Erin...Birdie is always an option, but I'd recommend End Days at the Bath House (where Sanders was). I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard all lovely things about it!

Unknown said...

love you KB

Erin said...

Thanks for the tip. We may still go to Birdie since a.) it's free and b.) J will not know until the last minute if he will even be in town.
Also, I am about 100% sure we do NOT have a violin at our house. I do not know of which violin John speaks.