Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oscar 2010 Wish List

This probably won't happen, but here's what I want.

Best Picture: Up or Up in the Air.  However, I'd be content with Precious, An Education or A Single Man
Best Perf By An Actor in a Leading Role: Colin Firth--A Single Man
Best Perf By An Actress in a Leading Role: Sandra Bullock-The Blind Side
Best Perf By An Actress in a Supporting Role: Anna Kendrick-Up in the Air. But I'd be fine with Vera.
Best Achievement in Directing: Jason Reitman-Up in the Air
Best Writing for Screen: Up. Second Choice: A Serious Man.
Best Writing based on previously Produced Material: Up in the Air. Second: Precious.
Cinematography: Avatar.
Editing: Avatar
Art Direction:  Toughie. Sherlock Holmes is the underdog, but I'll say it. Then Avatar, then Imaginarium.
Costumes: Young Victoria
Makeup: Young Victoria
Original Score: Up. UP. UP.  IF IT IS NOT UP I WILL HURT SOMEONE!!! Michael Giacchino, I love you. Even if this score is oddly reminiscent of your work for Ratatouille. Which is even more brilliant.
Original Song: Crazy Heart--The Weary Kind
Animated: Coraline followed by Up. Okay, maybe tied.  Coraline won't win, though.

Shazaam.

No comments: